Equipping and enabling believers worldwide
to conduct church-based partnership evangelism projects
to reach unbelievers and make disciples.
What Is a Project?
A Church-based Project is…
- A Baptist convention/association from around the world extends an invitation to International Commission (IC) to enlist Baptists churches from the USA to join their churches in a partnership effort to of evangelism and discipleship.
- Each church based team will be parterned with one host church during the week of evangelistic outreach and discipleship.
A Church Based Team is…
- A pastor or layman who is willing to preach and...
- 1-3 additional church members.
- Each team will work side by side with the pastor and leadership of the hosting church.
IC provides training and preparation for the sending and hosting churches. It will assist the churches in understanding cultural differences, language barriers, and realize how God can best use them.
What Is the Work?
The work is to tell the story of what Jesus Christ is doing in the life of each team member through visitation, in church services and in other events designed specifically for sharing. Interpreters and bilinguel tools are used as aids in communicating the Gospel.
Members of the sending church and hosting church will be paired up in the mornings and afternoons to make evangelistic visits--in homes, parks, factories, schools...or wherever the host church assigns the team.
- Most host churches will hold nightly evangelistic services.
- Team members are involved in the service by singing, sharing a testimony, sharing a children’s sermon or delivering the message.
- Participants will write a their testimony which is translated into the language of the host country and printed in an evangelistic witnessing tract.
- This tract is used to share the Gospel and assist you in leading others to Christ!
What About the Cost?
- Located in the project brochure and will vary by project.
- Include airfare, transfers, in country transportation, lodging, lodging, 3 meals a day, visas, and taxes.
- Bilingual materials and preparation costs.
God can Provide…
- God’s plan may be for you to pay your own way.
- God’s plan may be for you to seek out gifts from family, friends or church members. IC can equip you will proven methods in asking others to give.
- The most important thing to do is seek His will and when you sense His calling, be faithful to give and be faithful to ask others to help. He will provide meet the proejct cost!
- Contributions made for a mission effort are tax-deductible.
- Contributions are tax-deductible because a project is not a vacation--the work is hard, the language is different, the food and customs are strange and the purpose is to share the redeeming love of Jesus Christ with the unbelieving world to make disciples.
How Will a Project Impact Me?
What the Pastors are saying:
- I have seen so many decisions for fulltime ministry involvement.
- In 30 years of full-time service I have never seen God’s outpouring like this.
- I have witnessed strengthened personal relationships with Christ, and a new love for Him and a real faith in Him!
- This week has been filled with so many stories of people whose lives have been changed because of our team’s willingness to follow God’s Spirit.
What the Participants are saying:
- I never believed God could use me to lead this many people to Him!
- I will never forget the faces of the people and how they changed after accepting Christ.
- The book of Acts just came alive as we saw God performing miracles and saving people everyday.
- Every Christian should do this. This is what being a Christian is all about.
Who Is International Commission?
IC is an autonomous evangelistic ministry serving Baptist churches worldwide to equip and enable them to conduct church-based partnership evenglism projects to reach unbelievers and make disciples for Christ.
IC works in cooperation with Baptist conventions and associations. This cooperative spirit involves the Baptist leadership in the United States, the countries in which we work, and the missionaries in the field, as well as the International Mission Board (IMB).
In 1994, IC and the IMB entered into a convenant agreement "of mutual support and strength as we work together to fulfull Christ's Great Commission". This covenant is evidenced by the IC membership in the Baptist Fellowship of World Ministries (FBWM) which is assigned a liaison from the IMB. Twice a year the FBWM membership meets the IMB in a time of exchange of ideas which includes projects that can be adopted by FBWM members.
IC is not a part of any Baptist convention or agency and receives no funding any Baptist convention or agency.
At the invitation of Baptist churches worldwide, we enlist teams, prepare participants and host churches, print materials, arrange travel, and coordinate the projects.
If you would like a brochure, please click on the link below:
Church-based Partnership Evangelism brochure
Back to top